The Inspire line has been a powerhouse for DJI. With the Inspire 2 still leading the race in popularity and functionality for aerial cinematography.
With the Inspire 2 announced in 2016 and drawings with possible specs of its successor doing the rounds in 2018 we expected the Mavic 3 & Inspire 3 to be launched in 2020. But, the pandemic changed the world as we knew it.
Now we’re in 2022 and finally, some progress is being seen surrounding the Inspire 3. Leaks have reported that we could see the Inspire 3 announced in September 2022!
In recent weeks we have stumbled on the first real evidence of the long-awaited successor… A test unit apparently crashed during flight and was picked up by someone other than DJI personnel. What do we know, possible Inspire 3 specs?
- New O4 video transmission with dual RC
- CineCore 3.1
- Super 35 or large format CMOS sensor
- 8K 75fps, 6K 100fps, 4K 200fps
- No crop in every framerate
- RAW 12 bit / ProRes 4444XQ / 422HQ
- Time code sync
- Omni-directional obstacle avoidance
- APAS Pro
- High accuracy maneuvering
- Somatosensory gimbal control
- Portable video receiver for director
- Stepless iris adjustment
With the price point expected to be 1.5x times as much as the Ronin 8k which can be ordered for £9,499.
Now the Inspire 3 is known to being tested out in the open, more leaks are bound to follow. Stay tuned for updates.. hear it here first!